Image hosted by Photobucket.com Well as us communist unite to take over the world I mean just provide you with good music. Remember that we all have our 15 mins of fame.

10/27/2005

Ok now this straight pisses me off.

http://www.slate.com/id/2128621/entry/2128622/
The audacity of some people these days I swear. I mean yea I understand this guy is getting deployed to iraq and yes that's a big deal it doesn't matter who you are. I just want to know why does he have to get a front page article on a website, well quite clearly the answer is because he's a reporter. I know for a fact you don't see the common marine,solider,airmen,sailor getting any articles written about them so why should he? Which brings me to my next point, a journalist hotel gets bombed and it makes the front page of every single news paper in the westernized world but do the reporters ever bother to think about what happens on a day to day basis? how many servicemembers go home injuried or are killed so that way you can make a big deal out of a bombing. Well news flash there reporter people are getting bombed every day so what's the big deal. I know somebody who reads this is like what's the big deal, well i have this to say to you have you ever wished that the news would just once report something positive in the world instead of everything negative or that effects there own life. I mean yes that's society today pleased by the simple bad news that doesn't involve them but yet there so interested in. I want to say this in the last week the city of fallujah in various parts has been mortered 11 times, had 23 ied's go off and 4 VBIED'S go off and you don't see that making the news now do you? Do I or anybody around really care now we just want to go home plain and simple, or as we like to say fuck fallujah.(inside joke) I have to say what IED,VBIED means for you non military types out there or for you stupid fucks in the military we like to call FOBbits yes your deployed over here but you never go anywhere except to the chow hall and back, IED(improvised explosive device), VBIED(vehicle borne Improvised explosive device "very dangerous to vehicles/ground troops") but what would the FOBbits know about something like that? They sit on there base and do nothing all day except waste more government dollars on a lazy country that really doesn't even want us in it. So back to my point that I started this rant with, and just get on with your life you don't need to share it with the genereal public spare us the diginity as the common ground troop so not be embrassed by you. Well for now I will leave on this note aubrianna love you and miss ya and can't wait till that day I can finally meet you. For all you others out there eat oreas and drink milk. Oh in case you wondered what a FOBbit is, FOB stands for forward observing base and FOBbit is someone who never leaves the FOB. There you go and if you read this and your a FOBbit do us all a favor and don't bother thinking your the shit cause unless your out there trying to make a difference your just another number making the government happy. There are 2000 servicemembers who gave there life so you could be safe on your little base. Anywho i'm outta here.
Live from iraq
Doc A signing off
P.S. for the record i'm not on a FOB i'm currently in the city of fallujah making the streets safer.

1 comment:

Sean Dustman said...

My off base time in Iraq was flying about doing casevac stuff. Very mild trips (except for the RPG that bounced off the bottom of the 46) Hats off to you.